Valentine’s Day is almost here and it’s one the most fun holidays to create fun DIYs for. If you love pink as much as I do, it’s the one holiday where you can go pink wild. I also love it because I can celebrate both Galentine’s Day and Valentine’s Day. I’m always looking for a way to showcase and celebrate the love I have for my hubby as well as the love I have for my friends. Hence why I wanted to showcase a fun and easy DIY that can be made as a gift for either or. Hey, everyone! This is Vanessa from Brite & Bubbly and I’m showing you how to make these adorable DIY Unicorn Heart Boxes! They were inspired by the unicorn macaron craze that’s sweeping social media right now!
To make these cute heart boxes you’ll need:
• Heart shaped boxes of any size
• Black Sharpie Marker
• Craft glue
• Glue gun
• Any color felt you’d like for the ears and mane
• Red vinyl
• Gold glitter vinyl
• Cricut Cutting Machine
• Small heart stickers (If you don’t have a Cricut)
• Pen or pencil
Here’s how to make them:
1. If you have small boxes like I did, you’ll first you’ll cut 3-inch wide strips of the gold glitter vinyl with your scissors. You will cut the strips to make a horn that matches the size of your box.
2. You will then peel off the paper backing and roll these strips into unicorn horns. You’ll cut the bottoms to make sure they are straight.
3. You then draw an outline of the top of the heart box using a pencil or pen and cut pieces of felt to make the mane of your unicorn.
4. If you have a Cricut cutting machine, you can cut out tiny hearts for the cheeks with your red vinyl. If you don’t have a Cricut, you can also use tiny heart stickers. You’ll cut two hearts for each box.
5. Use your Sharpie marker to draw closed eyes, nostril slits and a mouth on your boxes.
6. You’ll stick on your heart cheeks and then use your craft glue to stick on the mane.
7. You’ll cut three small triangles from your various colored felts. Two will be for the ears and one will be for the inner ear. You cut a lighter color for the inner ear and glue it onto the larger darker colored pieces in the center. You fold over each side to make the ear.
8. You’ll press the bottom of the ear back, to give it a backward L-like shape and glue each ear to your box lids.
9. You’ll lastly glue your horn to the lid of the box in the center. You want to make sure you’re only gluing onto the lid, so the box can still be opened and filled with fun gifts.
10. Once all the pieces are glued on, you’re done! Fill them with fun gifts for your Valentine or Galentine!
You can fill them with toy unicorns and Valentines…
Or snap bracelets and tassel earrings…
And of course Valentine’s Day candies!
Who wouldn’t love a unicorn box filled with chocolates this year?! I know I would!
I’m sure whoever you give these out to, will love them!
Have a Colorful and Magical Unicorn filled Valentine’s Day and Galentine’s Day folks!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite JOANN Fabric and Craft Store to make more fun Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day DIY ideas!