Having a dinner night in is one of the sweetest and easiest ways to spend Valentine’s Day. It’s not only romantic, it shows your significant other that you want to pamper and romance them with your own personal touches. It also allows for you to make how you spend the holiday very personal and heartfelt since you’ll put in the effort to decorate and set the mood for the loving event. Hey, everyone! This is Vanessa from Brite & Bubbly and today I wanted to show you how to make a very colorful and sweet DIY Valentine’s Day Dinner Tablescape. Valentine’s Day is almost here, so you need to get to work on those romantic dinners!
To make these cute heart boxes you’ll need:
• Cricut Explore Air 2
• X-Acto Knife
• Various Colored Card Stock (mainly pink and red)
• Glitter cardstock
• Tissue paper
• Small letter stickers
• Small heart boxes (available in-stores)
• Glue dots
• Craft glue
• Any utensils, plates, and cups (available in-stores)
• Large heart tray liners (available in-stores)
• White napkins (available in-stores)
Here’s how to decorate for this Valentine’s Day Dinner:
1. First, you’ll use your Cricut Explore Air 2 machine to cut out various colors and sizes of hearts and phrases to create your Conversation heart runner and wall decorations. If you don’t have a Cricut, you can always find and buy these decorations already made. You simply cut out the hearts and with your craft glue, stick the phrase you cut out for each corresponding heart. You can also place a centerpiece decoration on this runner like I did with the “xo” marquee light.
2. Hang your conversation hearts on your wall and line 4-5 Large Conversation hearts down the middle of your table to create a runner.
3. Cut out two 4 inch hearts with your Cricut Explore Air 2 machine or by simply cutting it out with your scissors. Cut two slits down the middle and pop out the flap. Slip your utensils inside. This makes a cute heart utensil holder.
4. Cut out four 2 inch hearts with your Cricut Explore Air 2 machine or by simply cutting it out with your scissors. Be sure to make them all the same size by using the one your cut first as your template, so they all come out the same size. You then stick these to your straws using some glue dots.
5. Make some cute treat boxes by simply placing some sticker letters on them to create a loving phrase. Fill the boxes with your sweetheart’s favorite candy or treat.
6. Take your glitter card stock and cut out some small 4 inch arrows. You’ll add an arrow piece to the front and some fringed tissue paper to the back. This creates a fun little cupids arrow for your table setting. Add a conversation heart ring if you’re making your lady this dinner.
7. Cut out the phrase “XOXO 4 EVA!” or any other phrase with your Cricut or by hand with scissors and stick them to your wall with some tape next to your conversation hearts. This creates a fun backdrop for your romantic dinner.
8. You’ll also cut out 4 strips and the letters “XOXO” to create a fun XOXO tic-tac-toe game to place on your table, so that you and your special someone can play as you wait for dinner to be ready or after dinner. It also just makes a cute table decoration.
9. I bought these napkins with a kiss, but you can easily make them with some lipstick or with a kiss-shaped stamp and some food coloring. You can just put on some lipstick and kiss the napkin or you can dip your stamp in some red or pink food coloring to create the napkin. Those are two simple ways to make them.
10. Last but not least, this is how I set up my table setting. First I used my heart paper liners as place mats. I placed my dinner and appetizer dish on top of the place mat. I placed the heart utensil holder and utensils on the right of the plates and my kiss napkin on the left. I put out one tall glass for cocktails and one ball (shorter) glass for regular drinks.
I put my DIY heart straws in the shorter glass and some “LOVE” drink stirrers in the other. I placed a tasty treats favor box with the cupid arrow on the appetizer dish and that’s it! You’re done.
Sprinkle some confetti on the table and have a fun, sweet, and romantic Valentine’s Day Dinner!
Ladies, if you don’t have a special someone this Valentine’s Day, No worries! You can also do this as a Galentine’s Day dinner too! It works perfectly for either or!
Have a lovely Valentine’s Day Folks!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores to make more fun Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day DIY ideas!