DIY Watermelon Dog Bed
National Dog Day is coming up on August 26th! And if you have a fur baby like I do, you’ll definitely want to get him or her something special to celebrate their day. That’s why this DIY Watermelon Dog Bed is the perfect gift! It’s unique and super easy to make. What’s better than making something special for your precious dog?! It’s the best! I’m sure your furry baby will greatly appreciate the thought that went into making him or her something special. Hi, everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make this adorable and easy to make a fruitylicious dog bed. It’s the perfect themed dog bed for summer as well!
Here’s how to make the dog bed:
1. First, you’ll remove the pillow cushion from the dog bed, so you can have a flat piece of fabric to work on.
2. Then you’ll cut your red iron on vinyl down to size in a round shape to fit your green dog bed. You’ll cut two pieces for the center and two small pieces for the sides of the circle. The vinyl comes in pieces that aren’t large enough to fit the whole bed, so you have to essentially position the pieces and cut them down to size in order to make the vinyl fit the center of the dog bed.
3. Once you have all your vinyl cut to size with rounded edges, you’ll use your electric iron to iron on the vinyl piece by piece. Make sure you don’t iron on the vinyl you’ve already done as it will be ruined if you do.
4. After you’ve ironed on your red vinyl, you’ll cut little watermelon seeds from your black vinyl.
5. You’ll stick your seeds onto the red vinyl so that it looks like a watermelon.
6. Lastly, you’ll use your white washable fabric paint on the edge of the red vinyl. This gives the bed the real watermelon look.
7. Let the dog bed dry overnight and then in the morning put the cushion back inside of the bed.
You’ll have a cute DIY Watermelon Dog Bed for your dog to enjoy on National Dog Day!
It’s National Dog Day every day in my home, as I love my fur baby, Mister Pink, with a passion.
He loves his watermelon dog bed and all his foodie dog toys.
It’s big enough to fit his whole, small body on and it’s large enough to fit a medium or large dog too.
He loves to roll and play on it all day long! He could lay on this bed all day if you let him.
If you tell him to get off his bed, this is what you get. He sticks his tongue out at you, like no way! This is my bed!
I know, he’s a character. Nothing comes between Mister Pink and his watermelon bed.
I’m sure your dog will love it just as much as Mister Pink does, especially when you gift it to him or her for National Dog Day!
I hope you enjoy making this simple and fun DIY Watermelon Dog Bed as much as I do!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun crafts supplies to make more fun DIY gifts for your dog. I’m sure they could always use more dog toys too!
You can also find these products right here on Joann.com.