DIY Wooden Snowman Necklace for the Kids
Aren’t the holidays the most wonderful time of the year? I love seeing my boys getting in the Christmas spirit, and as I finish up my holiday shopping this week, I’m excited to slow down a bit and just spend some quality time with my family. I hope you are too!
So today I cooked up a fun and easy little craft that you can make with your kids during Christmas break this year — a DIY snowman necklace! Let your kids get creative and come up with accessories for their snowman to make it completely their own.
Here’s what you’ll need:
● three sizes of wooden beads (the largest size I got were these, which required me to drill a hole in them, but then they hid the knot at the bottom perfectly. The other two sizes were just standard beads with pre-drilled holes)
● leather cord or string for the necklace
● paint (black, white, orange, and any other colors you’d like)
● fabric or felt for the scarf
● hot glue
Here’s how to make them:
1. Paint your beads white. To make it easier, string them onto a toothpick, as shown below.
2. Once your beads are painted and dried, string them on to your leather cord with the loop at the top to go around your neck, and the two ends coming out the bottom of the snowman.
3. Tie the ends of your cord into a knot and tuck them inside the bottom bead.
4. Next, use a hot glue gun and put a dot of glue on the top bead. Touch the glue with your finger as it dries and pull it slightly out to create a pointed nose. Hold it in place until it completely dries.
5. Use your paints to add a face and paint the nose orange.
6. Cut a small strip of fabric and tie it around the snowman’s neck, and glue in place.
Now let your kids get creative and let each snowman have its own personality! Happy holiday crafting!