Fill the house with the smell of pumpkin spice cookies this holiday. Then, with a few quick cookie decorating and gift packaging ideas, they’ll be perfect holiday favors too! Hi! I’m Kim Byers of The Celebration Shoppe. Let’s get crafty and I’ll show you how to bake, decorate and package the perfect fall pumpkin treat!
Before we get started, let’s collect our Wilton supplies at JOANN:
• Cooling Rack
• Gusset Cello Bags
• Fondant, Pre-colored in Orange and Green
• Large Icing Tip (for small circle)
And pick up a few things at your local grocery:
• Pumpkin Cookie Mix (or from scratch ingredients)
• Wax Paper
Now let’s get baking and decorating!
1. Bake – Mix ingredients, chill dough, roll in quarter size balls and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
2. Roll – Knead fondant colors and roll with fondant roller to ensure a consistent depth.
3. Make pumpkins – Cut circles in fondant with large icing tip and shape into oval pumpkin with your hands. Cut irregular rectangles with a knife. Place on cookies.
4. Package – Open gusset cello bags, fold and insert a napkin, place three cookies in rectangle liner, and close with ribbon.
Happy fall y’all! As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with JOANN!