Easy Back to School T-Shirt
Hi friends! It’s Merrick from Merrick’s Art here, and last week I showed you a super simple girl’s dress that was perfect for back to school. Today, I’m showing you an easy back to school sewing project for your BOYS!
- Take your original shirt, and lay it flat on the floor.
- Take a shirt that fits your child and lay it on top
- Cut along the sleeve seams and side seams to make a shirt piece. Then, cut along the hem of the original sleeves and cut two small sleeves.
- Open your sleeve pieces and your shirt piece, and lay them with right sides together. Pin along the shoulder seam and down the arm. Then, sew with a straight stitch.
- Repeat step 4 for the second sleeve so both sleeves are sewn on.
- With right sides together, match up the sides seams of the shirt, and sew the sides of the shirt up.
- Hem your shirt.
- Now, use another shirt with a pocket as a size guide and cut a piece of fabric from a contrasting fabric. Serge all the sides (optional).
- Fold the top down, and top-stitch in place.
- Now, fold all the sides in, and pin it to the shirt. Sew around the other three sides, attaching it to the shirt.