Easy DIY Chips and Guacamole Halloween Costume
Can you believe Halloween is almost here? Where does the time fly? It feels like summertime was just yesterday. Since Halloween is quickly approaching, it doesn’t hurt to start planning your costume early. Making your own costume for Halloween is so much better than buying one in the store. It makes your costume personal and one of a kind. You’ll be the only one at Halloween parties with your costume, which is awesome in my book. Hi, everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make this super easy DIY Chips & Guacamole Costume! I love my food themed costumes and chips and guacamole is my favorite snacks to eat. So of course, I would want to dress like it for Halloween!
To make this fun costume you’ll need:
• Martha Stewart Satin Acrylic Craft Paint in white, black, summer linen (tan color) and root beer float (brown color)
• Pointed clay sculpting tool
• Glue gun
• Red, green, orange, and black vinyl
• Fabric glue
• 1.25-inch hole punch
• Green headband (or you can paint a white one green)
• Green dress
Here’s how to make the costume including the chips headpiece:
1. First, you will cut and punch out your guacamole ingredients. You will punch out circles of the black and white vinyl that will be the salt and pepper. The onion pieces will be cut as squares with your scissors using the white vinyl. The peppers and tomatoes will be cut from the orange and red vinyl into rectangles.
2. You’ll then begin to stick each piece onto your green dress. The vinyl has a sticky back already, but to keep it secure to your dress you’ll need to add some fabric glue to the back of the vinyl pieces.
3. You’ll place each piece on your dress so it almost looks like an abstract, cute version of guacamole.
4. You’ll let the dress dry completely as you begin your chips headpiece.
5. With your scissors, cut triangle shapes from cardboard and round the edges with your scissors. Paint the chip shapes in the summer linen tan color, so they look more like chips. Let the chips dry completely.
6. Stack the chip pieces like you see above and glue them together with your glue gun.
7. Get a chip for reference and then begin to paint on lines and dots using your clay molding tool and paint brush. The tool allows you to quickly make dots all around your chips. Let the chips dry completely.
8. Once your chips are done and dry, glue them onto your green headband with your glue gun.
9. Make sure to hold the chips and headband together, so they glue at the correct spot on the headband.
That’s it! You’re done! You’ve made yourself a fun and creative Chips & Guacamole costume!
You simply put on your guacamole dress and chips headpiece, along with some green pumps or flats and you’re ready for those Halloween parties.
You can make or buy a taco piñata to go with your costume as well!
You can easily make a taco piñata from any leftover cardboard you may have.
It’s such a fun costume to wear and it’s comfortable too!
If you want the ultimate spicy chips and guacamole costume, get yourself an inflatable bottle of Sriracha to pretend your pouring onto your taco piñata as your party!
You’ll surely have the most fun at any Halloween party in this costume!
I hope you enjoy making this fun and easy to make DIY Chips & Guacamole Costume as much as I did! I hope to see a lot of chips and guacamole walking around this Halloween!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun crafts supplies to make any Halloween costume you dream up this year. You can also find products to make this costume right here on Joann.com.