Easy DIY Heart Emoji Dog Halloween Costume
It’s only 27 days until Halloween! Can you believe it? As you start to plan your own Halloween costumes, you can’t forget about dressing up your fur baby (aka dog) as well. If you’re like me, the whole family (including the dogs) must have a cute costume for Halloween. We like to make our own costumes since it’s so much more fun to make one. It makes your costume personal and one of a kind. Your dog can strut its stuff on Halloween with a cute and original costume like this fun dog emoji costume. Hi, everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make this super easy DIY Heart Emoji Dog Halloween Costume! We had to do a pink costume for Mister Pink!
To make this fun doggy costume you’ll need:
• Shock pink and white felt
• Pink vinyl
• Gold vinyl
• Black vinyl
• Glue gun
• Card Board or chipboard
• Pink dog t-shirt
• Fabric glue
• Pencil (available in-stores)
• Pink Duck Tape
• Black or pink ribbon
• This free printable heart emoji template
Here’s how to make this little dog costume:
1. First, you print and cut out your free printable heart emoji template. You can print them out on your fast draft setting since they don’t need to be perfect. It will help you save ink as well. This is what you will use as a guide to cut out your hearts and sparkles. And you’ll use it for your doggy hat piece.
2. You’ll then begin to cut out your heart and sparkles from the pink, black, and gold vinyl. The pink and black vinyl you’ll use for your hearts and the gold vinyl you’ll use for the sparkles. You’ll cut out all four sizes of sparkles.
3. You’ll use the grid on the back of the vinyl as a guide when you are cutting. You’ll cut the larger heart shape following the black heart lines on the printable from the black vinyl. You’ll then cut your printable hearts down to the size of your pink heart. You’ll then cut the pink heart sizes from your pink vinyl.
4. You’ll cut out one heart shape the size of the smaller pink heart template from your cardboard or chipboard. This will be the heart emoji hat piece for your dog.
5. First, you’ll stick on your larger black heart vinyl piece onto the pink dog t-shirt with some fabric glue. You’ll then stick the larger pink heart vinyl piece on top of it. This will create a black outlined heart emoji.
6. You’ll lastly stick on your larger sparkle pieces onto the heart on your pink dog t-shirt.
7. You’ll then move onto your doggy heart emoji hat piece. First, you’ll cover the cardboard or chipboard heart you cut out with pink vinyl. You then stick the smaller sparkle template pieces to some gold vinyl and cut the gold vinyl to the shape of the sparkles. You’ll then stick the gold sparkle pieces onto the pink cardboard piece heart with your glue gun to create the heart emoji.
8. Measure the length and size of your dog’s head, from the top between his ears to under his mouth to get the correct length for your ribbon. Cut the ribbon down to size. Stick it in the center of the bottom of your heart emoji hat piece with your glue gun. You can double secure the ribbon with a piece of pink duck tape.
9. It will look like this when done.
10. Let the entire costume dry completely.
Once it’s dry, your dog is ready to show off his sparkle emoji cuteness for Halloween!
Add some emoji dog toys to the mix and you’re dog is ready to have some emoji Halloween fun!
It’s such a fun costume for dogs to wear and it’s comfortable for them too! I know my dog will try to take off anything that isn’t comfortable for him and he doesn’t try to take this off.
He really does know how to work my favorite heart emoji!
You and your dog will surely have the most fun strutting down the streets on Halloween day!
I hope you enjoy making this fun and easy to make DIY Heart Emoji Dog Halloween Costume as much as I did!
I know Mister Pink is already giving me some sass while he’s in his costume. He knows just how cute he is and he gives me this face if I try to take it off.
I hope to see lots of heart emoji dogs strutting their stuff this Halloween. And I hope your dog loves its costume as much as mine does.
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun crafts supplies to make any Halloween costume for your dogs this year. You can also find products to make this costume right here on joann.com.