Easy DIY Independence Day Party Decor
When summer time comes around, so do the patriotic holidays! We just love to show off our red, white and blue this time of year! With Independence Day just around the corner, you’ll definitely want to have some festive décor for those July 4th parties. Don’t waste a ton of money on your party décor, when you can make your own! Hi everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you some quick and easy to make DIY Independence Day Party Décor.
To make this festive party décor you’ll need:
• Red, White, and Blue Card Stock
• 2 White poster boards
• Glue Dots
• Non-Toxic School Glue
• Blue and Red Striped Plastic Straws
• Small White Plates
• Patriotic Themed Washi Tape
• Patriotic Napkins of Any Kind
• Red and Blue Acrylic Paint
• Paint Brushes
• White Plastic Utensils
• These FREE PRINTABLE Mini Flags for your straws.
• Use THIS FREE PRINTABLE TEMPLATE for your firecracker like plates.
Here’s how to make each piece:
1. First you print your FREE PRINTABLE Mini Flags and cut them out with your scissors or a paper cutter. You then use two Glue Dots to stick them on to your straws.
2. You’ll then paint the handles of your white party utensils red and blue with your acrylic paint. Let them completely dry. While they are drying you can move on to your next décor piece.
3. You’ll then use your scissors to cut out placemats from your poster boards. Cutting them as straight as you can.
4. Next you’ll make a boarder using your patriotic washi tape on the placemats you cut out. This creates a fun and festive placemat for your party.
5. Next you’ll make your star/firecracker like plates. First you’ll download and print out THIS FREE PRINTABLE TEMPLATE. You’ll cut it out with your scissors or your craft cutting machine.
6. You’ll use your red and blue card stocks for these cut outs. You’ll then use your glue dots to stick the star like pieces in red and blue to your white plates.
7. You’ll then set up your table setting and get ready to celebrate Independence Day!
Make sure you alternate the colors when you place your table settings down.
You’ll pair the red lined plates and the red straws.
The blue lined plates with the blue striped straws, etc.
You can also blow up some USA balloons for an added festive touch!
Your guests will surely love the look of this colorful décor and they will also feel your American pride as you celebrate Independence Day.
I hope you have a very happy and safe Independence Day everyone!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun crafts and party supplies for all your summer holiday parties. You can also find these products right here on Joann.com.