Summer is here and that calls for lots of fun colorful accessories. I’ve seen that this summer’s it trend is pom poms. There are pom pom beach bags, shoes, and even jewelry. Pom Poms are the easiest things to make when you know how to make them and have the right tools. There is no reason to spend hundreds on a pom pom accessory, when you can easily make one yourself. Hi everyone! I’m Vanessa Diaz of Brite & Bubbly and today I’m showing you how to make an adorable DIY Pom Pom Necklace! It is the “it” accessory of the summer!
Here’s how to make this pom pom delight:
1. First you’ll separate your yarns and choose your colors for your pom poms. You’ll create each pom pom one color at a time. That’s of course if you’re making solid colored pom poms. You can also make multicolored pom poms for your necklace as well.
2. To create you’re pom poms you’ll follow the detailed instructions on the pom pom makers packaging.
3. You simply wrap your yarn around the makers, cut down the center of the yarn.
4. You then tie a string down the center of the pom pom maker and pull it apart to create the pom pom. You’ll round it up and puff up the pom pom with your hands.
5. Once you have all your pom poms, you’ll cut your desired length of rainbow colored string. You can decide how long you’d like your necklace to be. You then pull your rainbow string through the center strings of the pom poms that are holding your pom poms together. Don’t pull the center strings too hard as you don’t want to loosen that string.
6. You’ll pull you’re pom poms through to the center of the sting and then tie the string ends to create your necklace.
That’s it! You’re done! You can then work your pom pom necklace with a pom pom handbag, which you can easily make as well. You’ll be rocking your pom poms with the best of them! No one will be able to tell if it was bought or if you made it yourself. And who cares if they can tell you made it. It’s always more fun to make your own!
They would be the perfect colorful accessories to match any summer outfit you plan to wear out for some fun in the sun!
I hope you enjoy DIY Pom Pom necklace as much as I do!
Be sure to shop the craft section of your favorite JOANN Fabric and Craft Store to pick up some more fun crafts supplies for all your summer accessory crafting needs. You can also find these products right here on joann.com.