Easy Graduation Gift
Graduation parties are happening soon. Mine start this weekend! What does a grad want more than money? Okay well maybe college scholarships, a six figure job or a spouse. But since most of us can’t give them that we usually give them a cash gift to help them purchase needed thing for this next stage of life. Beckie from Infarrantly Creative here, back to show you a fun and easy gift idea. Here is a cute way to give cash, as well as a little chocolate fix. Money and chocolate?!? My favorite!
Let’s get started!
1. Wrap the cash around the Rolos and then adhere a small piece of tape to hold it in place. I usually stick the tape to my skin a few times so it isn’t overly sticky. You don’t want ripped dolla dolla bills yo.
2. Next cut a piece of paper or cardstock 4 1/2” x 3 1/2”. Wrap that around the Rolos securing well with double sided adhesive.
3. Tie ribbon around the center of the Rolos.
4. Then cut two pieces of black cardstock one at 2” x 2” and the other at 3 1/2” x 1”.
5. On the 3 1/2” x 1 piece make cuts every 1/4” or so about 1/4” up. Glue both the cut edge and the opposite edge. Wrap that around the Rolo top and secure with double sided adhesive. Bend the 1/4” flap back to secure the top of the cap on.
6. On the 2” x 2” piece punch a small hole in the middle.
7. To make the tassel wrap embroidery floss around your fingers 8 times. Remove and tie a knot through the loops with another piece of floss (leave plenty of string to tuck into the cap). Take another piece of floss and then tie them together a little under the knot. Lastly, trim the loops and then trim so they are all the same length.
8. Insert top of tassel into the hole on the graduation cap using a sharp object to help aid it through the hole. Tie a knot so it doesn’t come loose. Stick a small brad through that and secure in place.
9. Attach top of the cap.
10. Optional: Make a cute tag with washi tape and a tooth pick. Sign the tag and stick it in the ribbon.
OMG! Cuteness overload!
For other paper crafts click the picture below…