How To Make Easy Pinwheels
Hi there! Kim from The Celebration Shoppe here! Spring is just around the corner and I’m excited for this snow to melt and to start planning some colorful outdoor gatherings!
When I was a kid, it seemed I always received a pinwheel in my Easter basket so when I saw the new We R Memory Makers pinwheel maker at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores I just had to have one. It makes pinwheels from 3” all the way up to 15 ¾”. I could see an entire birthday party or spring party theme being crafted with this simple to use tool.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- We R Memory Makers Pinwheel Cutter
- Cardstock or We R Memory Makers Acetate Pad (as shown)
- Paper Straws
- Optional: If you want them to spin, We R Memory Makers has a kit at Jo-Ann for that too)
- Hot glue
- Suggested crafting tools: Paper trimmer
Let’s get crafty!
- Cut – cut a square the size of your pinwheel, use guides on pinwheel maker.
- Assemble – pull edges, with holes, together and close with brad.
- Attach – attach pinwheels to paper straw with a touch of hot glue.
- Insert – insert paper straw into donut or other type of cake. (TIP: Insert two toothpicks into food first and set straw on top to keep the pinwheel secure and straight.)
These would also be very pretty as a banner too.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!