How to Make Paper Rosettes Backdrop
Spring is officially here and I’m ready for some colorful parties! I hope you are too. Hi, it’s Amber from Damask Love. Today, I’m giving you a step-by-step tutorial on how you can take a few sheets of 12×12 paper and turn them into paper rosettes that are party perfect. Jo-Ann carries a ton of paper crafting supplies and with just a few basics you can create this beautiful backdrop. Warning: Once you start making paper rosettes, you’ll never want to stop! Let’s get started!
The FlipSide paper pack features a TON of colors that you can choose from and they have a different color on each side which means we can create double-sided rosettes.
1. You’ll need two sheets of 12×12 paper for each rosette.
2. Score each paper on the scoring board in 1” increments.
3. Trim each scored paper in half.
4. You will now have four sheets of 12×6” paper scored at 1” increments.
5. Fold each piece of paper in accordion style then use a hot glue gun to adhere them together.
6. Form a rosette and adhere closed with a hot glue gun.
7. The last step is to create a center. Use the paper punch to punch two circle and adhere on each side of the finished rosette.
Here’s a fun optional tip! Before forming the rosette, punch the edge of the scored paper with a scallop edge punch! This will give your finished rosette a pretty decorative edge.
Once you’ve made your first rosette, you’ll definitely want to make more! I was able to create a beautiful party backdrop and I still have plenty of paper left over for other crafts!