Mason Jar Love Birds
Hello creative friends. Can you believe Valentine’s Day is right around the corner? Wasn’t Christmas yesterday? Now while I am not a huge seasonal decorator, I love thinking outside the box to come up with decor that fits with the season but can also be left out year round. This love birds mason jar fits the bill and is super easy to make!
● large mouth mason jar
● 2 little feather birds
● Krylon white white primer
● heart sticker (I cut mine out with my Silhouette Cameo machine)
● scrap of fabric
● hot glue gun
● glue dots
● pinking shears
● faux moss
● optional: birch slices
1. Cut out a vinyl heart or find a large heart sticker. Mine was about 4 1/2” tall. Place it on the front of the large mouth mason jar.
2. Spray it with a few light coats of white spray primer and then remove the sticker once dry.
3. Snip the birds tails in order for them to fit inside the jar.
4. Cut a stick to fit just inside the mason jar.
5. Hot glue the birds onto the stick.
6. Set moss inside the jar at the bottom.
7. Using a glue dot on each end of the stick, position the birds in the widest part of the jar. The glue dots will help keep it in place by adhering to the side of the mason jar.
8. Using a plate or other round shape, trace your circle.
9. Use pinking shears to cut it out.
10. Wrap the fabric on the top of your jar – use a rubberband to hold it in place.
11. Tie a ribbon around the top.
I also stacked them on some birch slices to make it even cuter.
For more Valentine’s Day projects that don’t have to be put away after February 14th, click on…