Personalized Paint Chip Ornaments
The fire is crackling, the cookies are baking, and I am sitting here staring at the lights on my Christmas tree in the early evening hours. It truly is the most wonderful time of year. There is just something that feels so FULL at Christmas time, I don’t know whether it is simply my heart (my belly – ha!), or something in the air – but everything just seems warmer. I know every family has their own traditions, like handmade Christmas jammies. One of ours happens to be new personalized stockings. We change them up every year, filling our previous year stockings with toys to donate to a local drive. It always makes me smile as we pass on the memories while hanging the new ones by the fire. To personalize our new stockings this year, we decided to make little personalized paint chip lightbulb ornaments with our names on them, because who doesn’t have a few paint chips hanging around in a junk drawer somewhere? The best part is that come next year, we can keep the ornaments and hang them on the tree while passing on the stockings to others.
Personalized Paint Chip Ornaments DIY
Skill level: Beginner Crafter
Time Needed: 30 minutes
How to make paint chip ornaments:
1. Remove top from ornament.
2. Place the funnel in the top of the ornament, and put a couple of spoonfuls of snow into the funnel. Set ornament aside.
3. Cut a thin strip of paper from the paint chip.
4. Write name on the paint chip strip with your marker. Allow to dry fully.
5. Insert name into the ornament.
6. Squeeze the metal wire together on the ornament top to place top securely back onto the ornament. Add a ribbon or hook to the ornament top for hanging.
And you are done!
Repeat for the entire family.
Looking for an easy Christmas stocking DIY? Try using Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores® diamond double faced quilt fabric for quick and easy stockings for the whole family!
Click HERE for the free fur top Christmas stocking pattern and instructions.
The stockings are all hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Saint Nicholas soon will be here. In the meantime…let’s eat some cookies.
Products seen in the above photos include:
● Red fur trim pillow
● Makers holiday snowflake pillow
● Makers holiday wishing you pillow
● Paper Mache sitting reindeer (795399887379, available in-stores)
● Paper Mache standing reindeer
● Tis the Season wall decor
● Makers holiday sisal trees