Quick and Easy Snowball Cupcakes
One of the best parts of the holidays is all of the delicious, fun foods that seem to be everywhere. This year with my kids, I have been trying to come up with fun ideas that can become traditions for us year after year, that we can make even after Christmas is over.
This year, I made some fun cupcakes that are great all winter long – and incredibly fun for kids! These Quick and Easy Snowball Cupcakes are a fun take on a traditional cupcake that kids go crazy over! They are so fun and delicious and I’m using some of my favorite Wilton products from Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts Stores to make them even easier!
I recently discovered Wilton’s Cake Release and Spray N’ Seal sprays. They make baking SO much easier! The cake release spray is literally the best cooking spray I have ever used and gets perfect, nonstick results every time I bake with it.
Wilton’s Spray N’ Seal spray makes frosting cakes a breeze. It acts as a crumb barrier for your cakes – no messy crumbs all over the place when you go to ice your cake. And of course, we’re using Wilton’s buttercream mix for the most delicious and easy icing ever!
To make these, you will need:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or temp specified on your cake recipe).
2. Generously spray Wilton Mini Circle pan with Cake Release Spray (this is not gluten free; use a different nonstick spray if you are celiac). This spray is the absolute best for getting flawless, perfect cakes that come right out of the pan – no fuss, no mess!
3. Add cake mix to pans, cook for 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cooking time can vary by the type of cake mix you use, but will be about the same as a cupcake.
4. When cakes are done, remove from pan and let cool on cooling rack until completely cool. Spray cakes generously with Spray N Seal.
5. Generously coat the flat parts of the circle cake halves and press them together to make a full circle. Let it firm up – about 5 minutes.
6. Pour coconut on a small plate.
7. Cover cupcake in buttercream and gently roll in coconut.
8. Let set for about 1 hour, and then gently shake off excess coconut.
9. Serve with milk and enjoy!