Valentine’s Day Rice Crispies Treats
Valentine’s Day is almost here, and for me that means valentine class parties and Rice Crispies Treats! They’re a family favorite and can be just as versatile as sugar cookies with the right cookie cutter. Hi everyone! I’m Kim Byers of The Celebration Shoppe and here’s an easy idea for those last minute Valentine treats.
For this easy treat idea, you’ll need:
● Wilton Heart Cookie Cutter (1” tall at least)
● Rice Crispies cereal
● Sprinkles, Wilton XOXO and Heart Shapes
● Icing Bottle, Wilton
● Lollipop sticks, Wilton
● Gusset Cello Bags, Wilton
● Wax paper
● Valentine Tags, Free Download
Yields: One recipe, per the box instructions, yields seven hearts
Easy steps to making Rice Crispies Treats hearts:
- Make Rice Crispies Treats – Prepare Rice Crispies Treats per the box recipe. Butter cookie cutter and your hands. While treats are still hot, mold them in the cookie cutter on top of wax paper. After 10 seconds you can remove the cookie cutter and move on to the next treat.
- Cool – allow each treat to full cool, for at least 30 minutes.
- Decorate – pipe a small amount of icing onto the back of each sprinkle and apply.
- Lollipop sticks – insert lollipop sticks.
If you’re hosting a Valentine’s Day party or taking treats like these to a class party, I recommend you package them for easy sharing. Simply insert each Rice Crispies Treat into a gusset cello bag, tie and add a fun Valentine’s Day tag.
I designed these free printables with a fun little pun “My Heart Snap, Crackle and Pops For You!” Download yours now!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with Jo-Ann!
Shop the bakery section of your favorite Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store for:
● Cookie Cutters
● Lollipop Sticks
●Cello Bags (available in stores)
●Icing Bottles (available in stores)