Welcome Fall with a Foil Crafted Sign
I love changing the decorations on my front door and my porch with the seasons. This year, I crafted a pretty welcome sign embellished with foil. I love the way it glitters! Hi! I’m Kim Byers of The Celebration Shoppe. Let’s get crafty and I’ll teach you how to make a lovely welcome sign for your fall home decor!
To make this foil welcome sign, you’ll need a few things from your Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores:
• Rectangle Canvas (available in-stores)
• Krylon Gold Spray Paint
• Cricut Design Space
• Cricut Explore Air
• Cricut Explore Heavy Mat (12×12)
• Cricut Weeding Tool
• Cricut Transfer Tape
• Hot Glue Gun
• Glue Sticks
• Optional: Paper flowers to embellish the sides. See full tutorial in my Make A Fall Paper Flowers Wreath post
Easy How To Steps For Making A Foil Welcome Sign:
1. Design – Use my project in Cricut Design Space, or search for typography to make your own!
2. Paint – Spray paint your canvas. I suggest 2-3 light coats, allowing them to dry 5 minutes between.
3. Cut and weed – Set your Cricut to the new Adhesive Foil setting and cut. Weed out the excess design. If your design is detailed, use transfer tape to add it to your canvas.
4. Hang – Attach twine to each side of the back of the canvas with hot glue. (Tip: If adding to the wreath, use a mini clip or closing pin to secure it on the vine.)
Now that your welcome sign is crafted, you can hang it on your front door, or place it above your mantel. If you’re still feeling crafty, don’t stop there. Make a paper flower fall wreath and add your welcome sign to it.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with Jo-Ann!