Blue Bird Wall Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraftFoam: Disc: 9” x 1-1/4”
- Construction paper: Blue, white, orange & black
- White tacky glue
- Tracing paper
- Provided templates
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Trace the templates onto the construction paper. Trace the wings, tail feathers and body templates onto the blue paper. Trace the chest circle and the eye circles onto the white paper. Trace the beak, legs and feet onto the orange paper and the pupils onto the black paper. Cut out all the paper parts.
- Glue the large blue body circle to the front of the disc. Cut a 1-1/4” wide strip of blue paper 29” long to cover the outside edge of the disc and glue in place. Cut shorter 1-1/4” wide strips and piece them together around the disc if necessary.
- Glue the chest circle to the bottom edge of the disc. Glue the eye circles together slightly overlapping. Cut a strip of paper about 1/2” x 2”. Accordion-fold the paper strip and glue it to the back of the eyes. Glue the eyes to the top edge of the chest as shown. Glue the pupils in place on the eyes. Glue the beak under the edge of the eyes as shown.
- Glue the wings together and glue to the back of the disc on either side. Curl the tips of the wings upward to give some dimension. Glue the tail feathers together as shown and glue them to the back of the disc at the top. Curl the tips of the feathers upward.
- Curl the legs lengthwise onto a pencil to create a half moon rounded shape to each leg. Cut a small slit partway across one end of each leg about 1/4” from the end. Slide the back edge of a foot into the slit in each leg and glue in place. Glue the legs in place at the back of the disc.