Blue Pearl Flower Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 strand 4mm round glass pearls, blue
- 1 strand oval glass pearls, blue
- 3 strands round 6mm clear cracked acrylic beads
- 1 pkg clear seed beads
- 1 spool beading thread, white
- Beading needle
- 74 eyepins, silver
- 4 crimp beads, silver
- 3-loop clasp, silver
- Headpin, silver
- 10"x10" stiff felt, white
- 20" tiger tail
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- Pliers: round nose, chain nose, crimper
- Draw a 1-1/2" diameter circle on white stiff felt. Draw 1-1/4", 1", 3/4" and 1/2" circles inside. Find center point. Mark 6 equidistant points on 1/2" circle. Mark 6 equidistant points on 3/4" circle between points on 1/2" circle. Mark 12 equidistant points on 1" and 1-1/4" circles. See diagram.
- Cut out 1-1/2" stiff felt circle.
- Prepare needle with beading thread (never cut thread off spool at beginning). Bring needle through central point from bottom to top of felt circle. To make central flower branch: string seed bead, round 6mm clear cracked bead (accent bead) and seed bead.
- Bring needle back through accent bead and last seed bead. Tighten tension to remove gaps between beads.
- Bring needle up through 1st point of smaller circle, then string seed bead, round 6mm clear cracked bead and seed bead. Bring needle back through accent bead and last seed bead.
- Bring needle up through 2nd point of smaller circle, then string on seed bead, blue oval pearl and seed bead. Bring needle back through accent bead and last seed bead.
- Continue to bead flower all the way around felt circle, passing needle through every single marked point, increasing number of starting seed beads from 1 to 4 on every other circle.
- Cut 1-1/2" diameter stiff felt circle. Glue it to bottom of beaded flower.
- Repeat to create 2 more beaded flowers of the same size.
- Create small beaded flower with 1/2" and 3/4" diameter circles.
- Create connector: slide 1 blue 4mm round pearl on an eyepin, form a simple loop. Repeat 3 times.
- Join 4 connectors into a beaded chain.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12. Connect the 3 beaded flowers with the 2 beaded chains. Poke edge of stiff felt with the needle to make hole. Open connector loop, pass through hole; close.
- Create 2 beaded chains of 9 connectors each.
- Attach these beaded chains a little below the shorter ones.
- Create a three-connector chain. Attach one end to bottom of central large beaded flower, the other to top of small beaded flower.
- Create dangle: slide blue oval pearl on headpin; form a simple loop.
- Create another connector: slide blue 4mm round pearl on eyepin; form a simple loop. Attach connector to dangle on one side and to bottom of small beaded flower on the other.
- Create 2 beaded chains with 13 connectors each. Attach one end of each to bottom of large beaded side flower and other end to small beaded flower. Refer to photo.
- Create three 3-connector chains. Attach one end of each to 3-loop clasp and other end to top of large beaded side flower. Repeat for other side of necklace.
- Cut 12" length of tiger tail; attach one end to 3-loop clasp on the single loop side using crimping technique.
- String blue oval pearls along 5" of tiger tail; attach end to lobster clasp using crimping technique. Repeat for other side of necklace.