Boardwalk Adventure Tie-Dye Tee
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- BusyKids™ Kids’ Camp!® Tie-Dye Party Pack, Tropical Punch
- White T-shirt, 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
3. Lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface. Scrunch fabric on the bottom half of shirt vertically towards the center and wrap five rubber bands around fabric, evenly spacing rubber bands.
4. Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water and shake until powder dissolves.
5. Squeeze Turquoise dye onto top half of shirt, followed by Yellow dye on first rubber-banded section after Turquoise section, followed by Red, Orange, Turquoise and Yellow at the very bottom.
6. Cover with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
7. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear, leaving rubber bands intact. With rubber bands still wrapped around shirt, wash in hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Remove rubber bands and dry separately.