SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Knitting Loom:
- Zippy Looms (4)
- Corners (4), 20 pegs total
- Yarn: Red Heart® Grande (1 skein)
- Knitting tool
Size: Fits most adult (19"-22")
- Cast on 20 sts (ewrap cast on). Join to work in the round.
- Rnd 1-Rnd 4: *k2, p2; rep from * to end of rnd.
- Rnd 5-6: k to the end of rnd.
- Rnd 7: p to the end of rnd.
- Rep Rnds 5-7: 4 more times (there should be 5 purl ridges).
- Next rnd: *k2, p2; rep from * to the end of round.
- Modified Gather Bind Off: Cut the working yarn coming from the hat, leaving 16"-20" for the gathering process. Use yarn tail to hold the stitches that are removed. *Skip the first two pegs, and remove the stitches from the next two pegs and place on yarn tail. Repeat from * to the end of round. Next, go around the loom again removing the remaining stitches. Cinch the top closed. Weave ends in.
- Important: On cast on edge (brim of hat), tighten the initial stitches to take out the slack, so that the edge is straight and tight. Work to end of row. Knot and cut excess yarn. This creates a close fit around the face.