SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cousin® 10mm Glass Turquoise Beads (1 pk)
- Cousin® Metal Skull/Flower Resin Accents (1 pk)
- Cousin® 4mm White Pearl Beads(1 pk)
- Cousin® 10mm White Pearl Beads (1 pk)
- Cousin® 6mm Navy Glass Beads (1 pk)
- Cousin® 10mm Pink Glass Beads (1 pk)
- Cousin® 6mm Glass Fuchsia Glass Beads (1 pk)
- Dritz® 3" x 19-1/2" Sewing 101 Wax Free Double Faced Tracing Paper (1 pk)
- Large canvas tote bag 17" x 5-1/2" x 16-1/2" in black
- Dritz® 6" Tracing Wheel Plastic Handle
- Simplicity® Flower Applique (2 pk)
- E6000 glue
- Coats & Clark 100% Polyester Spool Thread
- Beading needle
- Find sugar skull image from the Internet or elsewhere (design may vary) and print to size desired. Image can also be drawn free hand if desired.
- Place skull image over waxed side (chalk side should be on the opposite side facing the canvas bag). Place skull with tracing paper on the front of the bag in the center.
- Take tracing wheel and trace the sugar skull image onto the bag. Once you are finished tracing there should be an imprint from tracing paper on the canvas bag.
- Use the outlined image as a guideline for placement of the beads. Take beading needle and thread to sew beads on top of the outlined image. Start from the inside of the canvas bag whenever you are hand sewing beads.
- When sewing beads, place bead through the bead hole than sew to the bag. To reinforce the bead go under the bead inside the bag. Pull needle up from the first bead hole of the last bead you attached to the bag. Take beading needle and go through the bead hole a second time. Add next bead and repeat steps until finished
- Take the applique and place around beaded skull. Use standard iron on cotton setting. Place cloth over applique. Press iron over for 10-15 secs on each applique.