Boho Wrapped Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Rit® Liquid Dye: Aquamarine
- Rit® Color Perfect: Amethyst Purple or color of choice
- Foil pan
- Medium-size plastic or metal bowl
- Plastic spoon
- White lace ribbon
- Large hole ornate beads
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Paper towels
- Plastic table cover
- Rubber gloves
- Airtight glass jar/container
1. Lay plastic table cover on the working surface. Put on rubber or latex gloves.
Rit Liquid Dye:
2. Mix 2 tablespoons Rit liquid dye aquamarine with 1-1/2 cups hot water in a plastic or metal bowl and stir. Let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Place lace ribbon in the liquid dye solution, let set for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the dyed ribbon when desired color is achieved and place onto a foil pan. Allow to dry. Reserve remaining mixture for future dyeing by pouring into an airtight glass jar or container, keep sealed.
Rit® Color Perfect Dye:
4. Pour 1/2 bottle of Rit® Color Perfect Amethyst Purple in a plastic or metal bowl and stir.
5. Place lace ribbon in the liquid dye, let set for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the dyed ribbon when desired color is achieved and place onto a foil pan. Allow to dry. To save any leftover dye, pour the remaining mixture back into the Rit® Dye container.
6. Measure 20" of the dyed lace and cut. Thread a tapestry needle with one end of the dyed lace.
7. Thread one to three beads onto the dyed lace. Tie a double knot at each bead end to secure in place.
8. Wrap bracelet around wrist to wear.
Optional variations: Paint various sections of the lace with different colors of Rit® Color Perfect Dye or thread more than three beads onto bracelet. Or layer a few ribbons through the beads.
Select Color:Click on a swatch to check availability and Add to BagCOLOR:View Details