Bonbons Candy Color Clutch
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand&®:Bonbons – Nature, 1 pack or color of choiceCrochet hook size G-6Stitch markersLarge-eyed blunt needle
- 2 buttons, 1/4"-1/2" in diameter
- Measuring tape
About 9" wide x 5-1/2" tall after folding
5 ripples = about 9" and 18 rows = about 4" in pattern.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
Adjustable Ring Method
Wrap yarn around index finger. Insert hook into ring on finger, yarn over and draw up a loop. Carefully slip ring from finger and work the stitches of Rnd 1 (in pattern, below) into the ring. When Rnd 1 is complete, gently but firmly, pull tail to tighten center of ring.
1. Clutch is worked in a ripple pattern, changing color on every other row.
2. The ripple pattern is easy to do, but it's important to remember that you may need to work several rows before the ripple pattern becomes clear.
3. The ripple pattern consists of alternating 3-sc peaks and 2 skipped st valleys. Take care to keep the peaks and valleys of each row aligned. 3 sc are worked into the center sc of peaks and 2 sts are skipped at each valley. One st is skipped at each end to maintain a consistent stitch count.
4. To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Proceed with new color. Fasten off old color.
Dusty Rose (C)
With A, ch 64.
Row 1 (RS): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 4 ch, (3 sc in next ch, sc in next 5 ch, sk next 2 ch, sc in next 5 ch) 4 times, 3 sc in next ch, sc in last 5 ch – 5 ripples at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sk first sc, sc in next 5 sts, (3 sc in next st, sc in next 5 sts, sk next 2 sts, sc in next 5 sts) 4 times, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 4 sts, sk next st, sc in last st. Change to B.
Rows 3 and 4: With B, rep Row 2. Change to C at the end of Row 4.
Rows 5-48: Rep Row 2, changing color every other row in following color sequence: (Work 2 rows each with C, D, E, F, G, H, A, B) 2 times, then work 2 rows each with C, D, E, F, G, H.
Change to A.
Row 49: With A, rep Row 2.
Row 50: With A, ch 5, sk first st, tr in next st, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sk next st, sl st in next st, sk next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr in next st, (sk next 2 sts, tr in next st, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sk next st, sl st in next st, sk next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr in next st) 4 times, tr in last st. Fasten off.
Place a marker on each side edge about 4-½" from top edge. Fold down at markers. Join A with sc in one end of Row 1, working in ends of rows, sc evenly spaced across working through both thicknesses as necessary. Fasten off. Join A with sc in corner at fold to work in ends of rows. Sc evenly spaced across side edge from fold to beg edge, working through both thicknesses as necessary. Fasten off.
From RS, join A with sl st in 2nd "valley" of rippled edge, ch 7, sl st in same sp as joining. Fasten off. Rep to work a 2nd buttonloop in the 4th "valley."
Button Covers (make 2)
With H, make an adjustable ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, work 7 sc in ring; join with sl st in first sc – 7 sc.
Rnds 2 and 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off, leaving a long yarn tail.
Place a button inside the cover. Thread yarn tail through sts of last rnd and pull to close around button. Use remaining tails to sew covered buttons to front of Clutch, opposite buttonloops.
Weave in ends.
beg = begin(ning)(s)
ch = chain
ch-sp(s) = space previously made
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
rep = repeat
RS = right side
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)