Bonbons Crochet Rings Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand®:Bonbons Beach 1 pack or color of choiceCrochet hook size F-5Large-eyed blunt needle
- 6 metal craft rings in desired sizes
- Sewing needle & thread
Necklace length is adjustable.
Yarn is sufficient to make multiple necklaces.
Exact gauge is not essential for this project.
1. Craft rings are covered with closely spaced scs, then sewed together to make the Pendant.
2. Use 2 or 3 yarn colors, as desired, around each ring.
3. To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete the st. Fasten off the old color, work over tail of old color to hide.
1. With first color, make a slip knot. Working over ring, work closely spaced sc over ring, covering end of yarn as you work.
2. When ring is partially covered, change color then continue to sc around ring.
3. When ring is completely covered, fasten off and cut yarn leaving a long yarn tail. Thread tail into blunt needle and draw under scs to hide the yarn end.
4. Repeat to cover remaining rings.
On a flat surface, lay rings out in a pleasing arrangement. With sewing needle and thread, sew rings together at the points where they touch to make pendant.
With desired color and leaving a long yarn tail, make a ch about 16' long, or desired length. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Use long beg yarn tail to sew tie to one side of Pendant. Make a second tie and sew to opposite side of Pendant.
Weave in ends.
ch = chain
sc = single crochet