Bonbons Wrapped Braided Necklaces
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand&®:Bonbons – Celebrate, 1 pack or color of choiceLarge-eyed blunt needle
- Binder clip
- Measuring tape
Short Necklace about 26"
Medium Necklace about 33"
Long Necklace about 40"
Note: For all necklaces, use yarn colors from the pack as desired.
1. Cut 6 strands of yarn, each about 90" long.
2. Hold strands together and fold in half. Tie an overhand knot just below the fold to form a loop.
3. Divide strands into 3 groups of 4 strands each and braid the groups together until just about 8" remains unbraided. Fold the unbraided strands around the loop made in Step 2 and hold in place with the binder clip.
4. Cut a strand of yarn about 20" long and wrap tightly around the strands above the clip. Remove clip. Thread yarn ends (3-4 at a time) into blunt needle and draw ends under the wrap to hide.
1. Cut 6 strands of yarn, each about 115" long. Repeat Steps 2-4 of Short Necklace.
1. Cut 6 strands of yarn, each about 140" long. Repeat Steps 2-4 of Short Necklace.
Cut 20" strands of yarn. Thread strands, one at a time, into needle and wrap around braid. Draw ends under wraps to secure. Trim ends. Repeat to create multiple wraps along each Necklace. Weave in any remaining ends.