SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Variety of birdhouse styles
- Black paint
- White paint
- Black glitter
- Mod Podge® decoupage sealer
- Paintbrushes: medium flat, small detail
- Scrap paper to catch excess glitter
1. Using medium flat brush and black paint, basecoat exteriors of all birdhouses. Let dry. Apply additional coats as necessary until the houses are solid black. Clean brush and allow houses to dry completely before proceeding to next step.
2. Using the same flat brush, apply Mod Podge® to a section of the house where glitter is desired. Shake on glitter. Apply a generous amount over the entire Mod Podge® area. Shake off any excess glitter onto scrap paper. Be sure to work over the scrap paper to collect any excess glitter. Repeat this step to apply glitter to all the houses.
3. Once all the glitter & Mod Podge® are dry, use white paint and a small detail brush to add swirled details around the houses. Make sure to vary the location of the swirls to add interest, so all the houses look slightly different. Let dry.