SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 pkgs. Everything Mary® black microfiber purse tabs with rings
- 1 pkg. Everything Mary® black microfiber rolled handles
- Simplicity® pattern 1905 (Bag C)
- Sewing machine
- Fabric (see pattern requirements)
- Scissors/utility blade
- Basic sewing supplies
- Glue (optional)
- Small mallet or hammer
1. Use the Simplicity® pattern 1905 as a guide for purchasing fabric.
2. Follow pattern to make the body of the tote according to directions – minus the handles.
3. Line up purse tabs at equal distance on both sides of the tote. Use the holes in the tab to mark places to cut fabric for securing the tabs on the body.
4. Use scissors or a utility blade to gently pierce the fabric where the rivet from the tabs will go.
5. Line the tabs up on top of the fabric and place rivets into holes.
6. Firmly press down the rivet cap on the backside of the purse tab. Lightly tap the rivet cap with a small mallet or hammer. A dab of glue could also be applied for extra security.
7. To apply handles, use pliers to open the attached rings. Link ring through the ring on the purse tabs and close tightly with the pliers.