SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique®:
- 21?x 24? PUL (for average sized book)
- 1? x 3/4? EZ Adjust Tape™
- Tape measure
- Basic sewing supplies
- Book of choice
- Sewing machine
1. Measure across front of book and multiply x 3. Measure width of book spine. Add to cover measurement. Measure height of book and add 3/4? seam allowance.
2. Cut PUL to measurements in Step 1. For sleeve, use half of front cover width measurement and fold over, right sides together. Stitch across top and bottom edges of fold using 1/4? seam allowance. Turn to right side. Repeat for other side of book.
3. Fold unfinished top and bottom edges to wrong side and topstitch across. Do not topstitch across sleeve.
4. For closure, cut 4? x 6? PUL strip. Fold in half lengthwise and finger press to make crease (centerline). Open and fold long edges in to meet centerline, then fold in half again, aligning the edges. Topstitch 1/8? around.
5. Fold one short end over 1/4? and position hook side of tape over folded end and stitch in place.
6. Fold other end of strap over 1?. Find center side of book and stitch strap to book cover in box pattern, making sure to move sleeve on underside away from stitching.
7. Place book in cover. Fold strap closure to back side and mark position for loop side of tape. Stitch loop tape to back cover, again moving sleeve on underside away from stitching.
8. Remove book and stitch appliques and labels in desired location.