Botanical Coaster Set
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5" felt squares
- HeatnBond fusible web
- 18" square of tulle
- 1/3 yd ribbon
- Small, sharp, pointed scissors
- Pinking shears
- Iron, pressing surface
Each coaster is made of 2 to 4 layers of felt.
- Enlarge patterns (in PDF) to desired size. Using pencil, trace design on paper side of fusible web.
- Following manufacturer's directions, use HeatnBond to fuse design to felt square.
- Cut out designs. The coaster design is cut out in reverse. The bottom piece of felt remains whole. The next layer is cut out minimally. The top layer of felt has the most design removed.
- Fuse layers together.
- Use pinking shears to cut coaster into circle.
- To make a gift set, round corners of 18" square of tulle. Place coasters in center; gather edges of tulle together & tie with ribbon.