SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Jesse James® Beads:1 pack Inspirations Botanicals2 strands Botanicals1 pack Design Element African Violet2 packs Grand Finale clasps1 Chain Reaction Style #71 Chain Reaction Style #17
- 1 set of ear wires
- 32 - 6mm-8mm jump rings
- 23-25 eye pins
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Select the beads to feature in the necklace, bracelet and earrings and lay out design.
2. Make bead drop:
Select a focal bead or set of beads and place on eye pins, leave 3/8"-1/2" of the eye pin past the bead and trim the balance with wire cutters. Grasp top of eye pin with pliers and twist to form a closed loop. Use this loop to attach bead drop to necklace. For the bead at the end of the drop, repeat this step using a head pin instead of an eye pin. Connect the beads on pins with jump rings. Open and close the jump ring with your needle-nose pliers to make a continuous loop, and be sure to close the jump ring completely.
3. Build the beaded portion of the necklace:
a. Create 5-6 pairs of matching bead sets - use 2-3 beads for each set.
b. Place each set of beads on an eye pin, trim and finish the eye pin as indicated in step 2 above.
c. Lay out necklace design; use jump rings to link the bead sets together.
d. Attach the bead drop to the front/center of the necklace with a jump ring and attach the last bead sets at the back to each end of the clasp.
4. Cut Chain Reaction beaded chain to the desired lengths, attach with a jump ring at the juncture where the necklace connects to the clasp.
5. Determine wrist size and repeat steps 1 through 4 to make bracelet.
6. Make the earrings:
a. Select the beads you would like to feature and lay out the earring pattern
b. Mount the first bead or set of beads on a head pin, and the next 2 sets of beads on eye pins. Link together with jump rings using the same instructions to create the bead drop for the necklace.
c. Attach with a jump ring to the ear wires.