1. Make bow loops. 1 day in advance, knead 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 9 oz. black fondant. Roll out 1/8" thick. Use rotary cutter to cut six strips, 1"x7-1/2", five strips, 1"x5-1/2" and one strip, 1"x4-1/2". Use wavy wheel of detail embosser to imprint pattern at center of each strip. Brush ends of strips with water and attach ends to form loops. Use scissors to cut point at end of each loop. Allow to dry on sides overnight on cornstarch-dusted surface.
2. Make streamers. 1 day in advance, knead 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 2-1/4 oz. white fondant. Roll out 1/8" thick. Use rotary cutter to cut eight strips, 1/4"x11". Wrap around lollipop sticks. Allow to dry 10 minutes. Turn over round pan, open side down. Dust pan with cornstarch. Place sticks with streamers on pan. Remove sticks, allowing streamers to drape over side of pan. Allow to dry overnight, then remove streamers.
3. Bake 1-layer cake in round pan following recipe directions. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely. Position cake on foil-wrapped cake circle.
4. Cover cake. Use spatula and white icing to lightly ice cake smooth. Use fondant roller to roll out 18 oz. red fondant 1/8" thick. Cover cake with fondant. Smooth with fondant smoother.
5. Divide cake. Use cake dividing chart to divide cake in eighths, marking divisions with toothpick.
6. Make ribbon strips. Roll out 6 oz. black fondant 1/8" thick. Use rotary cutter to cut eight strips, 1"x7". Place under storage board flap until needed. Use wavy wheel of detail embosser to imprint pattern 1/8" from each edge. Use stitch wheel of detail embosser to imprint pattern at center of each strip. Brush back of strips with water and attach to cake at division marks. Use fondant trimmer to trim off excess.
7. Assemble bow. Attach largest loops in a circle to top of cake where ribbon ends meet using thinned fondant adhesive. Allow to dry until set. Attach second largest loops in a circle to top of cake where ribbon ends meet using thinned fondant adhesive. Allow to dry until set. Attach third largest loops in a circle to fill center area. Attach smallest loop to center. Attach streamers between ribbon sections with thinned fondant adhesive. Allow to dry until set.
Cake serves 20.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>