SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3mm White glass pearls
- 6mm Ivory glass pearls
- Rhinestone ear wires
- 26 gauge silver wire
- 24 gauge silver wire
- Round nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Start by cutting a length of 26-gauge silver wire that is 36" long. To this, string 28 pearls and slide them to center. Fold in half and, at the folding point, create a small loop by twisting the wire.
2. Hold onto this loop in one hand and hold on to the free ends in the other hand. Twist to create a twisted rope look.
3. Fold in half again, bringing loop from Step 1 into the center. Take one of the free ends of wire and go through that loop and twist it on itself to lock this first loop of the bow in place.
4. Repeat this procedure again by stringing another 28 pearls onto the wire and following steps 1-3.
5. Create the “legs" of the bow by stringing 20 pearls, bringing the wire back up to the middle of the bow, and twisting, repeat for the other “leg".
6. Cut a piece of thicker 24-gauge wire about 6" long. String a 6mm ivory or colored pearl onto the center. Wrap both ends of this wire around your bow, positioning the 6mm pearl in the center. Wrap the free ends of the wire around the bow to secure.
7. Form a wrapped loop out of the 24-gauge wire and use this to attach your ear wire.
8. Repeat for the second earring.