Bow Tie Guy Snack Cakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Recipes: Chocolate Cream Treatwiches Mini Cakes & FillingBake Easy!® Non-Stick SprayTreatwiches Mini Cake Pan10"x16" Cooling Grid12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tips: 230, 109" Fondant Roller (pink guide rings used)Parchment PaperCake Decorating Tip: 10Vanilla Treat GlazeIcing Colors: Black, Sky Blue9" Angled Spatula14"x16" Cookie SheetLarge Candy Eyeballs
- Food-safe scissors
- Large purple and red spice drops
- Granulated sugar
1. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cakes in mini cake pan and allow to cool. Remove cakes from pan.
2. Prepare filling following recipe directions. Use tip 230 and a cut disposable decorating bag to fill cakes from bottom.
3. Use 9" fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out large purple and red spice drops 1/16" thick on parchment paper sprinkled with sugar. Use scissors and purple spice drops to cut teardrop shapes for hair. Use scissors and red spice drops to cut two triangles for bow tie loops. Use narrow end of tip 10 and red spice drops to cut bow tie knot.
4. Cover cakes. Heat treat glaze according to package directions. Tint blue and a small portion black. Use spatula and blue treat glaze to ice bottom of treats. Allow to cool in refrigerator, bottom side up on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet until set, about 5 minutes. Place cakes, bottom side down, on cooling grid over parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Use blue glaze and a cut disposable decorating bag to cover each cake. Tap to settle. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 15 minutes. Use blue treat glaze and a cut disposable decorating bag to attach hair, bow tie loops and knot and candy eyeballs. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes. Use black treat glaze and a cut disposable decorating bag to pipe outline smile. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.