1. Cut one piece of fabric about 11"x6". (Measurements may be adjusted to cut along a plaid or check line.)
2. Press the long edges about 1" toward the wrong side.
3. Press the short ends toward the wrong side, so they overlap by about 1" at the center. Folded piece measures about 5"x4".
4. Press in half, lining up the 5" edges.
5. Press in accordion folds – one on each side of center, parallel to center fold.
6. Use thread and needle to stitch through all pleats at the center of the bow.
7. Cut elastic to about 15" long. Stitch, centered, to back of bow.
8. Cut one piece of fabric 3-1/2"x1-1/2". Fold the 3-1/2" long edges 1/2" toward the wrong side.
9. Wrap the folded strip around the center of the bow and elastic. Fold ends under and stitch at back of tie.
10. Hook end: Thread one elastic end through the closed side of the hook. Test the fit of the bow around neck. Hand stitch elastic close to hook.
11. Loop end: Fold the remaining elastic end so it meets the hook end comfortably. Test fit. Pin. Fold the cut edge of the elastic under 1/2". Stitch, leaving a 1/4"–3/8" loop at the end to catch to the hook.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>