SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dritz® Sewing Notions:Ruffled ElasticSwim Suit Bra Hook
- 3/8 yard fabric or 1 fat quarter
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Cut one piece of fabric about 11"x6". (Measurements may be adjusted to cut along a plaid or check line.)
2. Press the long edges about 1" toward the wrong side.
3. Press the short ends toward the wrong side, so they overlap by about 1" at the center. Folded piece measures about 5"x4".
4. Press in half, lining up the 5" edges.
5. Press in accordion folds – one on each side of center, parallel to center fold.
6. Use thread and needle to stitch through all pleats at the center of the bow.
7. Cut elastic to about 15" long. Stitch, centered, to back of bow.
8. Cut one piece of fabric 3-1/2"x1-1/2". Fold the 3-1/2" long edges 1/2" toward the wrong side.
9. Wrap the folded strip around the center of the bow and elastic. Fold ends under and stitch at back of tie.
10. Hook end: Thread one elastic end through the closed side of the hook. Test the fit of the bow around neck. Hand stitch elastic close to hook.
11. Loop end: Fold the remaining elastic end so it meets the hook end comfortably. Test fit. Pin. Fold the cut edge of the elastic under 1/2". Stitch, leaving a 1/4"–3/8" loop at the end to catch to the hook.