Boys Room Decoration - Perfect Red Shelf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Rit® Color Perfect: Candy Apple Red
- Wood display shelf
- Sand paper
- Plastic table cover
- Rubber gloves
- Sponge applicator
- Optional: clear polyurethane, foam or bristle brush, steel wool, 220 grit fine sandpaper, tack cloth
1. Cover work surface with a plastic table cover.
2. Sand the display wood shelf to help it absorb the dye better.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, apply straight, undiluted liquid Rit® Dye to the display shelf using the sponge applicator to paint the dye onto the wood. Rit Dye works just like wood stain so it's a very fast process. The sponge applicator in the Rit Color Perfect Kit helps to get all the corners of the shelf. Allow to dry.
4. Optional: to seal dye-stained wood, apply 1-2 coats of clear Polyurethane with a new foam or bristle brush. Lightly rub with steel wool, or use 220 grit fine sandpaper, between coats and remove dust and filings with a tack cloth.