Braided Button Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Various 1/2" buttons
- 1-3/4" chevron button
- 1" bow button
- 14-gauge wire
- 22-gauge wire
- Wire cutters
1. Cut three 20" lengths of 14-gauge aluminum wire. Fold each in half to 10".
2. Cut three 30" lengths of 22-gauge wire.
3. Cross the ends of the 14-gauge wire 1" from the fold and wrap the 22-gauge wire around where the wire crosses. Repeat this for all 3 pieces.
4. Wrap down 3 times and add a button. Wrap around other side and down 3 times before adding another button. Repeat this for 9". Repeat for all 3 wire lengths using different color buttons for each one.
5. Finish the end by crossing the ends of the 14-gauge wire and wrapping the 22-gauge wire around where the wire crosses. Repeat for all 3 pieces.
6. Gather the 3 pieces and wrap the loop ends together using the 22-gauge wire.
7. Braid the 3 button lengths.
8. Wrap the loose ends using 22-gauge wire.
9. Thread the 14 gauge tails through the loops and bend flat against the bracelet.
10. Wrap the tails around to finish. Cut any excess.