Braided Jute Belt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One 1-1/2" belt buckle
- Natural Jute Ribbon, 1 spool each leaf green, sunflower and natural
- Measuring tape
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks*
- Clear mending tape
- *Hot glue gun should be used only with adult supervision
- Glue together the ends of the three colors of jute ribbon and tape them to a table or another work surface.
- Braid the three colors of ribbon together until the desired length is reached. Tip: Measure the waistband of your jeans or pants and add eight inches to this number. This is your desired length.
- Trim accordingly and glue the remaining ends of the three ribbons together.
- Fold over one end of the finished braid and glue in place.
- Wrap this end around the center bar of the belt buckle and glue it to the back of the braid so that the belt buckle is securely attached to the braid.
- Fold the other remaining end over twice and glue in place.