Braided Memory Thread™ Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DMC® Memory Thread – 1 shuttle, color of choice
- 60 size 6 seed beads
- 1 large bead (for closure)
- Clear nail polish
- Utility scissors
- Permanent bonding jewelry glue
- Tape measure
1. Cut 2 pieces of Memory Thread – one 28" piece and one 17" piece.
2. Find center of 28" piece and fold in half.
3. Fold 17" piece so one side is 14" and the other side is 3" in length.
4. Hold the two pieces together at the folds and tie a knot, creating a loop just large enough for the large bead to fit through.
5. Trim the shortest piece close to knot and seal with clear nail polish.
6. Braid bracelet, adding a bead to each strand as it is moved over another strand until 6-1/2" in length.
7. Continue braiding remaining lengths without adding beads.
8. Tie the un-beaded braid into a knot close to the last beads.
9. Slide on large bead. Tie another knot to hold large bead in place.
10. Seal ends with clear nail polish and roll ends back toward knot, glue in place with jewelry glue.