SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3-1/2 yds 45” home decor fabric (main)
- 3-1/2 yds 45” home decor fabric (contrast)
- 2 large jute spools
- Hand-sewing needle
- Tape measure
- Straight pins
- Cushioned quilter’s blocking board
1. Rip 2” wide strips across the width of the main and contrasting 45” home decor fabrics.
2. Braid main fabric, contrasting fabric and jute, adding strips of fabric while braiding.
3. Arrange braid in a zigzag or snaking pattern, pinning to blocking board so that it measures 12”x18”. Fold in ends.
4. Hand stitch rows together to secure. Keep in mind the side facing up will be the bottom of the mat.
5. Repeat steps for 5 additional place mats.