SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Homespun®: Barks (2 skeins) or color of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles, size 10
- Lion Brand® stitch holders
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
16 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in K3, p3 Rib, unstretched.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
K3, p3 Rib (over a multiple of 6 sts)
Row 1: *K3, p3; rep from * to end of row.
Row 2: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
Rep Row 2 for K3, p3 Rib.
1. Three strips are worked separately, then joined to work the body of the scarf.
2. When the body is complete, the sts are divided and again worked as separate strips.
Strips (make 3)
Cast on 12 sts.
Work in K3, p3 Rib until piece measures 24 in. Cut yarn and place sts onto a st holder.
Make 2 more strips in the same way, but at the end of the third strip, do not cut yarn and do not place sts onto a holder.
Join to work in one piece: Work in K3, p3 Rib as established over sts of third strip, with same strand of yarn work in rib as established over sts of second and then first strips – 36 sts.
Work in rib as established until piece from joining row measures 12 in.
Divide to work in separate strips: Work in rib as established across 24 sts and sl to a holder, work in rib as established to end of row.
First Strip: Continue in rib as established over 12 sts on needle until strip measures 24 in. from dividing row.
Bind off in rib.
Sl next 12 sts from holder back onto needles and work same as first strip.
Sl last 12 sts from holder back onto needles and work same as first strip.
Weave in ends.
k = knit
p = purl
sl = slip
st(s) = stitch(es)