SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Seam binding to match T-shirt
- Matching thread
1. Cut off top neck band.
2. Mark and pin center front neck edge.
3. On shoulder seam, measure 2-1/2" from neck edge along seam and pin.
4. Measure down from center pin 2-1/2" mark and cut to mark.
5. Draw a line from 2-1/2" mark at shoulder to center.
6. Cut along line.
7. Repeat for other side, creating a V-neck.
8. Trim back neck edge.
9. Sew on seam binding around neck edge.
10. For braid, starting at center, cut vertical slits close to neck edge 2-1/2" long and 1" apart. Make the 1st and last slit at shoulder edges about 1" long.
11. Starting at one shoulder, take loop 2 and push it under first loop and pull it through.
12. Continue by pushing loop 3 through loop 2, until opposite shoulder edge.
13. Slip stitch last loop to the shoulder. If the first loop looks too stretched out, slip stitch opening closed.
14. Add a second row, start in center with the slits but stop about 3 slits away from shoulder using lst row as guide.
15. Braid as for 1st row.