Bridal Shower Candle Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paint, Licorice
- Plaid Mod Podge Glitter, Hologram Silver
- 12" glass vase, 12" with flat sides
- Printed tissue paper:
- 1 sheet zebra pattern
- 1 sheet pink with polka dots
- 1 sheet silver
- Wooden heart
- Fancy silver chain, 6 links
- Dark pink organdy ribbon, 1-1/2" wide
- Fine point black permanent marker
- Rubbing alcohol
- Craft knife
- Foam brush
- Small paint brush
- Tall pillar candle
- Clean glass with rubbing alcohol.
- Cut a 7" strip of zebra tissue paper, lay vase on its side, and carefully use Mod Podge to adhere paper to vase starting from one edge (allow paper to extend about 1/2" over top edge of vase).
- Lightly smooth paper out with your fingers working one side at a time. Trim paper so that you finish by overlapping 1/4".
- Complete the bottom portion of the vase in the same manner using a 2" strip of silver paper and a 4" strip of zebra paper (extend zebra paper beyond bottom edge of vase).
- When completely dry, use a craft knife to neatly trim excess paper off of top and bottom edges of vase.
- Cut out eight 1-1/2" hearts from pink paper. Use Mod Podge to adhere to silver paper.
- Coat entire vase with Mod Podge; allow to dry.
- Use Mod Podge to decoupage wooden heart with silver paper; use sand paper to smooth edges.
- Cut out a heart (using pink paper) that is slightly smaller than the wooden heart and use Mod Podge to decoupage in place; dry.
- Paint edges with Licorice.
- Write bride and groom's names on heart using black permanent marker.
- Seal entire project with a coat of Mod Podge.
- Using a small drill bit, drill a hole in the top center of the heart and attach chain.
- Tie ribbon around top of vase attaching the chained heart; trim ribbon. Add candle.