1. Make candles. One day in advance, use serrated knife to cut five plastic dowel rods, each 8" long. Use scissors to cut five rectangles, 2-3/4"x4" from red Sugar Sheets!™ edible decorating paper. Brush back of rectangles with piping gel and wrap one around top of each dowel rod, leaving 4" uncovered to insert into cake.
2. Decorate candles. Use scissors to cut five strips, 1/4"x10-3/4" and five strips 1/4"x2-3/4" from white Sugar Sheets!™ edible decorating paper. Brush back of one long strip and one short strip with piping gel. Starting with long strip, wrap diagonally around dowel rod, leaving 1/2" between each diagonal. Attach short strip to end of long strip to complete design. Use scissors to cut five flames, 1-1/4" wide x 2" high, from white Sugar Sheets!™ edible decorating paper. Use scissors to cut five wicks, 1" long, from black licorice. Melt Candy Melts® candy according to package directions. Attach wick to inside of candle and flame to wick with melted candy.
3. Bake 2-layer cake in round pan following recipe directions. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely. Position cake on foil-wrapped cake circle.
4. Use spatula and white icing to ice cake smooth.
5. Make bottom border. Use scissors to cut two strips, 1"x10-3/4" and one strip, 1"x4-1/2" from black Sugar Sheets!™ edible decorating paper. Use wide end of any standard tip to imprint scallop design on side of each strip. Use scissors to cut out scallop edge. Brush back of strips with piping gel and attach to cake, scallop edge up.
6. Make circles from red Sugar Sheets!™ edible decorating paper. Use medium round Cut-Out to cut seven circles. Use smallest round Cut-Out to cut six circles. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut six circles and narrow end of tip 2A to cut 10 circles. Use black FoodWriter edible color marker to draw spirals on matte side of all circles.
7. Make circles from black FoodWriter™ edible decorating paper. Use smallest round Cut-Out to cut 12 circles. Use narrow end of tip 2A to cut 11 circles.
8. Assemble cake. Brush back of circles with piping gel and position randomly on cake. Insert candles in cake top.
Cake serves 20.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>