Bright Sponging Technique Onsie
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit®: Bright
- 100% cotton white Onesie®
- Plastic table cover
- Styrofoam plate
- Craft sponge
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project.
1. Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Prepare dye following package instructions.
4. Pour some dye onto Styrofoam plate. Allow each color to have its own plate.
5. Apply dye on one side of dry sponge.
6. Sponge dye across or sponge across wet fabric for a softer striped look. (Apply to dry fabric for a more lined look.)
7. Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
8. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear.
9. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.