Bright Stripes Cowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Super Saver®: 1 skein each, Black (A), Pretty ‘N Pink (B)
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 6mm [US J-10]
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 10 sts = 4"; 8 rows = 4" (10 cm).
- CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Cowl measures 8" x 60" (20 x 152 cm)
- Cowl is worked in turned rows then seamed to form circle.
- To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Carry old color loosely up side of piece until next needed.
- With A, ch 153.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each remaining ch across – 150 sts.
- Row 2 (Wrong Side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), turn, skip first st, dc in each remaining st across, changing to B in last st.
- Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across.
- Row 4: Repeat Row 3, changing to A in last st.
- Row 5: Ch 3, turn, skip first st, dc in each remaining st across.
- Row 6: Repeat Row 2.
- Rows 7-14: Repeat Rows 3-6 twice.
- Rows 15-16: Repeat Rows 3-4 once. Fasten off.
- Row 1: Join B with slip st in first ch on opposite side of foundation ch, sc in same ch and in each remaining ch across – 150 sts.
- Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. Fasten off, leaving long tail for sewing.
- With right sides facing, align row ends and sew seam with yarn tail to form circle. Weave in ends. Wrap around neck twice to wear.
- A, B, C = Color A, Color B, Color C etc
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- mm = millimeters
- sc = single crochet
- st(s) = stitch(es)