Brilliant Spiral Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Wash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Place damp shirt on covered surface and smooth flat with hands.
- Decide the area on the fabric where you want the swirl to be. Pinch fabric at this point. Twist fabric around into a flat spiral.
- Bind with rubber bands, creating 6 wedge shapes. Use more rubber bands as desired.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water to lines indicated. Replace caps then shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Apply dye on wedges alternating colors and using as many colors as desired.
- Carefully turn shirt over (keeping spiral intact) and apply more dye if color has not completely soaked through fabric.
- Cover fabric with plastic. Let set for 6 to 8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Cut rubber bands. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.