Brown Butter Deep Dish Blondies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® Deep Dish Dessert Pans (2)
- Wilton® Red, Pink & White Nonpareils
- Wilton® Bake Easy Spray
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups finely packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on medium high heat. Stir frequently and watch closely. The butter should turn a lovely golden brown, but not burn. When the butter is a caramel color, remove from pot and place in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla in the bowl with the butter.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and white chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Add sprinkles and mix throughout- don’t over-stir or the colors will bleed.
- Spray Wilton® pans well with cake release spray, add 1/2 mix to one pan, and 1/2 to the other.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean- about 15-20 minutes depending on the oven.
- To Make the Toppers:
- Wilton® Candy Melts Pan?-1/2 cup Pink Wilton® Candy Melts®?-Wilton® Red Pink and White Nonpareils?-Wilton® Valentine’s Cookie Cutters?-Parchment Paper?-A small dish
- In a Wilton® Candy Melts® pan, or in a double boiler/microwave, melt Candy Melts®.
- Cover small dish in parchment paper, pour sprinkles on the plate.
- Pour melted candy melts on top of sprinkles.
- Smooth and spread out evenly.
- Set in refrigerator and allow to harden.
- When hard, cut shapes out of Candy Melts®.
- Serve the blondies alone, or with a scoop of ice cream with even more sprinkles.
Items in This Collection