Build Your Own Dream Canvas Art
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV&®:12"x12" Cork Stack6"x6" Burlap StackDream House Template
- 12"x12" black cardstock sheet
- 12"x12" white cardstock sheet
- 12"x12" unfinished canvas
- Multiple sheets of black craft foam
- Black craft paint
- Foam brush
- Personal die cut machine with desired alphabet letters
- Sharpie&® Paint Pen extra fine (white)
- Adhesive (including hot glue and adhesive foam squares)
- Craft knife with self-healing mat
- Paper trimmer
1. Paint all four sides and the outside edges on the top of the canvas with the black craft paint. Allow to dry.
2. Cut out the circle piece from the template. Trace and cut out nine circles (one of these will be used for the base) from the burlap stack with a pair of scissors (this will not work with a punch). Lay the circle for the base on a flat surface. Beginning with the next circle, gather it in the middle and adhere it to the base. Continue with the remaining circles, adhering them in place until the flower is full. Set aside.
3. Cut out the remaining pieces from the template. Trace them onto the back of desired cork prints and cut out, finishing with two windows, one house, one roof, one tree top, and one chimney. Cut out two additional 1"x12" strips from another cork print for the top and bottom borders.
4. Mount all the pieces from step 3, removing the protective backing from the back of each cork piece to expose the adhesive, onto a section of black cardstock. Cut out each piece, leaving a border on all sides. Adhere the pieces onto a section of black craft foam and cut out using a craft knife. Using the Sharpie&® paint pen, make a decorative edge on desired pieces, leaving the others as is. Allow to dry.
5. Cut out a 3/4"x3" strip for the tree trunk from desired cork print. Removing the protective backing from the cork, adhere it onto a section of black cardstock and cut out.
6. Cut out a fence design from one of the prints in the cork stack (needs to be approximately 3-1/2" long). Mount this on a section of black cardstock and cut out, leaving a section of the cardstock visible on all sides. Using the Sharpie&® pen, make a design around the sides of the fence as shown and allow to dry.
7. Using the Sharpie&® pen, paint a "swirly design" and cut out (this will be for the top of the chimney.
8. Cut out a final square from the cork stack that measures 11-1/2" x 11-1/2". Adhere this to the center of the canvas when the paint is dry. Lay out the pieces from steps 3, 5, and 6 on top of the canvas. Arrange until desired look is achieved and then adhere them in place.
9. Cut out desired title using the white cardstock sheet with the die cut machine. Adhere to the canvas display, using adhesive foam squares to secure in place where desired.